The DV1 is AMETEK Brookfield’s workhorse QC viscometer. A low cost, continuous sensing instrument, now with timed measurement function. The DV1 measures viscosity and temperature simultaneously with a choice of 18 different speeds. With its timed measurement function, data can easily be sent to a PC or printer.
- LV is for low viscosity materials and can measure the thinnest materials. Typical examples include inks, oils, and solvents.
- RV is for medium viscosity materials than those measured with an LV torque. Typical examples include creams, food, and paints.
- HA is for higher viscosity materials than those measured with an RV torque. Typical examples include gels, chocolate, and epoxies.
- HB is for even higher viscosity materials than those measured with an HA torque spring. Typical examples include asphalt, caulking compounds, and molasses.
Features & Benefits
- PC Interface for use with optional software and output connection to printer
- Available in multiple languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Direct access to time measurement function (time to torque, time to stop)
- Temperature off-set capability to ±5°C
- Displayed info includes: viscosity (cP/mP·s), temperature (°C/°F), shear rate/stress, % torque, spindle/speed
- Torque measurement accuracy: 1% of full-scale range
- Repeatability: 0.2% of full-scale range
- Select all functions from user-friendly keypad
- Auto-zero function to ensure precision torque measurement
- Auto-range function to define full scale range (FSR) for all spindle/speed combinations
- Warns of under- or over-range torque measurement condition
- Timed Stop feature to measure viscosity at precise user specified time interval
- Time to Torque feature to measure the time interval for sample to reach user defined torque value
VISCOSITY RANGEcP (mPa•s)
| SPEEDS |
|MODEL ||Min. ||Max. ||RPM ||Number of Increments |
|DV1MLV ||1† ||2M ||.3-100 ||18 |
|DV1MRV ||100†† ||13M ||.3-100 ||18 |
|DV1MHA ||200†† ||26M ||.3-100 ||18 |
|DV1MHB ||800†† ||104M ||.3-100 ||18 |
|MODEL ||Dyne-cm ||Milli Newton-m |
|DV1MLV ||673.7 ||0.0673 |
|DV1MRV ||7,187.0 ||0.7187 |
|DV1MHA ||14,374.0 ||1.4374 |
|DV1MHB ||57,496.0 ||5.7496 |
† 1 cP achieved with the UL Adapter accessory. 15 cP on LV with standard spindles.
†† Minimum viscosity is achieved with optional RV/HA/HB spindle.